This six day trek takes you into an area adorned with a multitude of pristine, crystal clear lakes. As you walk amidst the shimmering lakes you’ll be treated to stunning views of the entire Himalayan mountain range and some of the world’s highest peaks including Mt. Everest, Jomolhari, Masang Gang, Jichu Drake, Gangche Ta and many more.
During the trek an entire day will be dedicated to visiting some of the more picturesque lakes, fishing and resting. The trail also takes you through several Bhutanese villages so you can get a good idea of traditional Bhutanese village life as you make your way back from the lakes.
While this is a somewhat strenuous trek, it is well worth the effort because of the tranquility and beauty of natural landscape that you will enjoy during the journey. The best time to embark on this trek is between April-June or September –October.
- Day 1: Gynekha – Gur: Distance 7 km, 5 hours, 550 m ascent, 210 m descent, camp altitude 3,290 m
- Day 2: Gur – Labatama: Distance 12 km, 5 hours, 1,220 m ascent, 110 m descent, camp altitude 4,300 m
- Day 3: Labatama: Rest and fishing day
- Day 4: Labatama – Panka: Distance 8 km, 6-7 hours, 260 m ascent, 520 m descent, camp altitude 4,000 m
- Day 5: Panka – Talakha: Distance 8 km, 5-6 hours, 180 m ascent, 110 m descent, camp altitude 3,080 m
- Day 6: Talakha – Chamgang: Distance 6 km, 3 hours, 440 m descent. End of trek.